Business for Inclusive Growth (B4IG) knows that you care how your personal data is used and we recognize the importance of protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement explains how Business for Inclusive Growth (B4IG) collects and manages your personal data. It contains information on what data we collect, how we use it, why we need it and how it can benefit you.
Contact us via our contact page if you have any queries and comments, or if you want to make a request regarding any of your data subject rights.
This privacy statement was last updated on 17 October 2020.
Basic principles and our privacy commitment
At Business for Inclusive Growth (B4IG) we are committed to protecting your right to privacy. We aim to protect any personal data we hold, to manage your personal data in a responsible way and to be transparent in our practices. Your trust is important to us. We have therefore committed ourselves to the following basic principles:
- You have no obligation to provide any personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with some services;
- We only collect and process your data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or for specific purposes that we share with you and/or that you have consented to;
- We aim to collect, process and use as little personal data as possible;
- When we do collect your personal data, we aim to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
- Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement.
What personal data do we collect?
Generally, we may collect the following types of personal data from you directly: Browser history, such as pages accessed, date of access, location when accessed, and IP address;
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect your personal data so we can provide you with the best online experience. In particular we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To develop and improve our services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needs of users, in order to improving our website, our current services, and/or developing new services;
We may also need your personal data to comply with legal obligations.
When we collect and use your personal data for purposes mentioned above or for other purposes, we will inform you before or at the time of collection.
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Where we process your personal data, according to applicable legislation, you might be entitled to a number of rights and, when applicable can exercise these rights at any point. We have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights, when eligible to, via our contact page.
The right to access your personal data and correction
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data at any time. We understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us via our contact page.
The right to data portability
Your personal data is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically. However, this right only applies where:
- The processing is based on your consent;
- The processing takes place for the performance of a contract;
- The processing takes place by automated means;
If you wish to exercise your right to data portability, please contact us via our contact page.
The right to deletion of your personal data
You have right to request that we delete your data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which we collected it; or
- you withdraw the consent that you had previously given us to process your personal data, and there is no other legal ground to process that personal data; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- you object to us processing your personal data for Business for Inclusive Growth (B4IG)’s legitimate interests (such as improving overall user experience on websites);
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully; or
- your personal data needs to be deleted to comply with the law.
If you wish to delete the personal data we hold about you, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
If the personal data we collect is no longer needed for any purposes and we are not required by law to retain it, we will do what we can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
The right to restriction of processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data if
- you do not believe the personal data we have about you is accurate; or
- the personal data is not being processed lawfully, but instead of deleting the personal data, you would prefer us to restrict processing instead; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes we collected it, but you require the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data and are awaiting verification on whether your interests related to that objection outweigh the legitimate grounds for processing your data.
If you wish to restrict our processing of your personal data, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements.
The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please contact us via our contact page.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with supervisory authority about how we process personal data.
How we protect your personal data
We understand that the security of your personal data is important. We make our best efforts to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have implemented a number of security measures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers.
Sharing of your personal data
Your personal data will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as described in this Privacy Statement. We may, however, share your data when required by law and/or government authorities.
Sharing data internationally
Personal data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When processed outside the EEA, Business for Inclusive Growth (B4IG) will make sure that this cross-border data processing is protected by adequate safeguards.
The safeguards that we use to protect cross-border data processing include:
- Model Contractual Clauses approved by European Commission. These standardized contractual clauses provide sufficient safeguards to meet the adequacy and security requirements of the European General Data Protection Regulation; or
- certifications which demonstrate that third parties outside of the EEA process personal data in a way that is consistent with the European General Data Protection Regulation. These certifications are approved either by the European Commission, a competent supervisory authority or a competent national accreditation body in terms of General Data Protection Regulation.
Cookies and other technologies
- Information about your device browser and operating system;
- The IP address of the device you are using;
- Web pages of ours that you view;
- Links that you click while interactive with our services.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file saved on your computer or mobile device. It has a unique ID assigned to your device and enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as location, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time. That way, you don’t have to keep re-entering the information whenever you come back to the website or browse from one page to another. Cookies can also help customize your browsing experience.
Not all cookies contain personal information but where they do, we will treat this information as personal data in accordance with this statement.
Types of cookies
There are two broad categories of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device until deleted manually or automatically. Session cookies remain on your device until you close your browser and are thereby automatically deleted.
- Cookies that are strictly necessary for the website to function and to enable you to make use of the services we provide;
- Cookies that collect data related to the use of our website and the performance of it. We use this information to improve our online products and services;
- Cookies that we use to personalize and optimize your experience on our website. These cookies store information on your choices such as text size, language and screen resolution.
- Cookies that are placed by third parties for enhanced services (such as social media cookies).
Please see below for further information on the types of cookies we use.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that we need to be able to offer you a proper functioning website and which enables you to make use of the services we provide.
If these cookies are blocked, you will not be able to make use of our website. We have only strictly necessary cookies: arraffinity, arraffinitySameSite
Analytics and performance-related cookies
These cookies help us measure traffic patterns to determine which areas of our website have been visited. We use this to research a visitor’s habits so that we can improve our online services. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
These cookies are not essential to the website and we will always ask for your consent before placing these cookies. You can withdraw your consent at all times. See more information below.
- Purpose: Google Analytics is Google’s web analytics tool to better understand the behavior of visitors to a site.
- Cookie name: Google Analytics cookie _ga,_gid et _ga
- How long is the cookie stored? Session.
It’s possible to restrict or block cookies or even delete cookies that have already been placed on your device. If you do so, you may not be able to access certain parts of our website and we may think that you have never visited us before and will therefore show you the Cookie Notice again and ask for your consent in placing cookies.
Our website has a tool to help you to manage cookies. This tool is located on the link privacy center or by clicking the privacy center.
You can also restrict or block cookies by changing your browser’s settings. Check the specific information in your browser’s help section to find out how to manage your cookie settings.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or the processing of your personal data, please contact us via our contact page.